I hit 29 weeks on Thursday!!!! Which is very exciting…but then I stop to think…if this one gets here when Baby #ONE got here…that’s just 10 MORE WEEKS! If you missed the GENDER ANNOUNCEMENT…here ya go:
Yup, it’s a BUBBA! We couldn’t be more thrilled! Maybe that’s what has made all the difference with this pregnancy. However, here are some other things I’ve done differently this round and it truly has been a BREEZE!!!!
1. I GAVE UP WHEAT – That’s right! I’m officially Gluten-Free since Blakelyn was about 6 months old. Why? I didn’t really do it on purpose…it just kinda happened. I was eating oatmeal, rice, and potatoes instead of cereal, toast, bread, crackers, tortillas or pasta……then one day, I turned around and I was feeling GREAT and I had dropped all my baby weight as well as an additional 12 lbs!
I’ve continued these diet habits into this pregnancy and I really think cutting out wheat has been my key to feeling so great! I honestly don’t even feel pregnant most of the time! Get a closer look at MY DIEThere.
2. I STOPPED FREAKING OUT – Everything this time around sure doesn’t seem like that big of a deal. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still enjoying all the blessings that come with pregnancy…"the glow", the way people treat you a little more special for being ‘with child’, etc. However, I don’t tell everyone around me how itchy my skin is or how much it hurts when he kicks me in the bladder. I just let the changes in my body happen and I embrace them….I don’t make them a big deal to anyone EXCEPT to my inner-self! Because honestly…no one else really cares! So I talk to myself…I tell my doctor about concerns…and I don’t whine to everyone in an ear shot.
I also stopped taking offense to comments from others. You know the ones…"Wow, you’re about to pop."…."I thought you weren’t allowed to eat that when you’re pregnant."…."You’re gonna name him that?"…."Did you gain this much weight with your first baby?" No ma’am! I’m not gonna let you steal my JOY and ruin my day just so you can make yourself feel a sense of satisfaction for putting me down!
3. I FOUND A NEW PASSION – I remember being this way with my first baby when I cut my 3rd record. A new motivation to do something impactful in the world before the baby gets here. I’ve never been one to lay around on the couch and I’ve never taken ‘being pregnant’ as an excuse. I’m sure you’ve heard that I launched Charla Corn Beauty this year and this new venture has motivated me more than I ever imagined! I deal with pregnancy insomnia anyway…so why not be productive? I wasn’t afraid to embark on new waters just because I’m pregnant. I’ve actually been more productive than I probably would have been without the pressures of a looming DUE DATE hanging overhead!
4. I STILL WORK OUT – Ok, I’m totally lying! I was going to the gym 3 days a week early in my pregnancy. Check out my pregnancy workouthere. But around week 20, I was so busy running around town and my workout partner popped her baby out…I’ve just been trying to get my 5,000 steps in every day. Staying active has helped me keep theRound Ligament Pain at bay…which was horrible with my first pregnancy.
5. I STICK TO THE BASICS – I take a prenatal vitamin at night instead of the morning and drink lots of water. The proper water intake can actually help with ankle swelling and puffiness….I know, sounds counter-active doesn’t it? I chug water and stay away from salt!
6. I DON’T EAT SUGAR – Yup! You won’t catch me sitting around eating cookies and cartons of ice cream! I gave up sugar when I was 5 months pregnant with my first baby….that was over 2 years ago and I never turned back! I decided to make the change when I BARELY passed the glucose test that you have to take around your 24th week. I passed it with flying colors this time around! Sugar also aids in the size of the baby and I wanted an easy delivery. She ended up being breach and they took her via C-Section, but she was a healthy 6lb 9oz.
*I still eat 90% cocoa dark chocolate bars
I hope this helps all you fellow mommies!!!!!